Thursday, May 22, 2008

May of '08 Mix Made for Me

behold,

1. Love Child >> The Supremes
2. Sweet Child O' Mine >> Guns N' Roses
3. Breakaway >> Kelly Clarkson
4. Higher And Higher >> Jackie Wilson
5. Higher Love >> Steve Winwood
6. If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next>> Manic Street Preachers
7. Let's Dance >> David Bowie
8. Bastards Of Young >> The Replacements
9. When You're Young >> The Jam
10. Billie Jean >> Michael Jackson
11. Heartbeat >> Madonna

Fun with iPod word search? Yes. Guilty. But! I also had a plan, a vison, even... I got treated to Love Child followed by G'n'R's Sweet Child (on shuffle) and thought I needed to make a mix that kicked it off just like that. That idea, of course had me thinking about youth. And my youth was filled with Madonna and Michael Jackson. Well, Madonna has been in my ears hypertime, so I put one of my most played, and most enjoyed songs of late on there.

And, well, Breakaway comes from it still gnawing at my brain since re-watching S.F.U...The Jam song makes me think of E Beth and gets me excited that she's moving BACK TO MPLS, muthfucka! And the High and the Higher are songs that I have loved and have been (actively, I swear) in my head since I was 8 years old.

I am digging Spring, my new bike (circa 1968, actually...give it up for RIOTS at the Convention-style!!!) and my seasonal music shift. Life is bright.

Dig it!


No comments: