Sunday, January 29, 2006

more "monkey madness"


It's everywhere.

From the latest New York Times piece...

The debut Arctic Monkeys album, "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" (Domino)...has sold over 360,000 copies in the last week, making it the fastest-selling debut album in British history.


PS. My friend Jeremy, who lives in Budapest, made me seethe with jealousy today (part of his email to me):

So I went to the Alan McGee thing last night. Amazing. You would have died 3 times over. He played everything from Oasis to the Stones to the Libertines to the Verve to Pulp. It goes on. The first three songs when we got there were Common People, Last Night (strokes) and Cigarettes and Alcohol. He ended with Bohemian Rhapsody before other DJs came on. Every song was a winner and you would have known all the words. It was probably the best time Ive had in Budapest so far. Lots of beer and Brits.

Lucky Fucker.

No comments: