Friday, September 09, 2005

my friend Paul


...is so funny. I just received an email from my friend Paul, a newspaper journalist who lives in Tacoma, WA. I was supposed to visit him in August, but it just didn't happen. So, when I read this kinda stuff, these encounters, I think: damn, that coulda been me! I need to lighten the mood on here, so...here you go. (also, as an excuse to randomly post a picture of Elvis, given the Graceland ref.)

Anyway...I gave him a tour of thehighlights, which mainly includes the three or four bars that I frequent. We had a bizarre conservation with this
heavily tattooed guy at a bar that's shaped like a giant teapot (don't ask) in which he told us that he was a flight attendant. He also said that "if my job was to eat shit I would probably like that job more than being aflight attendent." Very strange. He plopped down in our booth andintroduced himself by saying, "You ever go to a bar by yourself andjust get really fucked up?" He proceeded to force me on stage to singMotley Crue's "Shout At the Devil", but left me up there alone duringthe verses, which he didn't know and neither did I. Yikes. Did I mention this bar is mixture of the Turf Club, the Jungle Room at Graceland and that rainforest restaurant at the Mall of America? Also,we were sober when this happened.

No comments: