A fun music quiz that I stole from Jessica, her majesty. Take it--it's worth your time.
1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by? Jeezus (as Jessica has pointed out, I do own large collections of certain artists). Prolly Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen or Blur. I have a ridiculous amount of Blur records and boots.
2. What was the last song you listened to?: On the bus, on the ol’ iPod: the NEW MADGE, which I am utterly obsessed with!! “Ring, ring, ring goes the telephone/ the lights are on, but there’s no one home.”
3. What's in your record/CD player right now?: “You Could Have It So Much Better,” Franz Ferdinand; “Use Your Illusion I & II,” G ‘n’ R (I was feeling especially cheesy the other night and had to hear “November Rain,” it felt so right.
4. What song would you say sums you up?: Whew. That is a doozy of a question. Let’s just go with “Redheaded Woman,” by Bruce. Rarr, raunch!
5. What's your favorite local band?: Of all time? The ‘Mats. Of right now: Story of the Sea.
6. What was the last show you attended? Liz Phair at First Ave. It was great! My fourth time seeing her, and it was a pleasant surprise.
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to? Rancid with Rocket from the Crypt is up there, for pure energy/euphoria. Bruce (multiple times, multiple reasons). Neil Young with Crazy Horse when I was 16. PJ Harvey, Bjork (yes, Jess!!), Page and Plant (I cried when they did “Tangerine,” sheeez!) This is SO HARD. It goes on for me… Can’t be just one…or five…!
8.What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert? UGH. Soul Coughing at some Zone for the Holidays shit. P.U.
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of? (a mix of love and hate for these peeps) Oasis, Sex Pistols, Madonna sometimes, MJ…yeah.
10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?: I’m learning and playing guitar right now. I wrote about music for money for five or so years… And, it’s the most important thing in my life, pretty much. (Does that count, or just make me a psycho? Meh.)
11. What shows are you looking forward to? Ike fucking Reilly on Thanksgiving Eve.
12. What is your favorite band shirt? My Ramones shirt I got in London.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?: Liz Phair or Bruce or Kathleen
Hanna or Madge.
14. What musician would you like to be in love with for a day?: Wotta funny question. I guess it would be a trip to have been in love—in junkie love—with Sid Vicious. You know, in a severely fucked up way.
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?: Sabbath. But I have always loved some of the poppines of solo Ozzy and his voice used to be SO AWESOME!
17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?: Commodores.
18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?: PUNK FUCKING ROCK.
19. Doesn't Primus suck?: YES. I hate that testosterone shit.
20. Name 4 flawless albums: 1. “Junkie Faithfull,” Ike Reilly. 2. Led Zep—the first four, I’m not kidding. 3. “Darkness on the Edge of Town,” Springsteen 4. “After The Goldrush,” Neil Young.
21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?: I, too, wear the badge proudly.
22. What was the greatest decade for music? The sixties. Everything was just getting started, and was in its (arguabley)finest form—Motown, Dylan, Beatles, Stones and all sorts of rock, soul, pop, even the beginnings of punk…
23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own? Many…lots of record conventions.
24. Do you like Journey?: yes.
25. Don't try to pretend you don't!: “Singer in a smokey room/ smell of wine and cheap perfume.”
26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?: “Trainspotting,” “Saturday Night Fever,” “Purple Rain.”
27. What was your last musical "phase" before you wisened up?: Oh, baby, I’ve never *needed* to “wise up”! Uh, maybe I liked pop punk a little more than I should have?
28. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc. you've ever bought? I thought it was going to be Liz Phair’s last one. It got better, though.
29. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs?: Vinyl can be so much fun, but CDs are so handy!
30. All totaled, how much do you spend on music a month?: I think sometimes it can be $200 or more!! (if you count shows, too) AH, how do you afford your rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle?