Tuesday, March 28, 2006

fucking-a-right. thank you, Jack. thank you for everything...



From the NME...

Jack White reveals his new favourite band

They're from Sheffield

Jack White has reaffirmed his love for the Arctic Monkeys - though admits he's yet to see the band play live.White first revealed his respect for the Sheffield band when The White Stripes toured the UK last year, declaring 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' his favourite song of the moment.Now returning with The Raconteurs the guitarist has again praised Alex Turner's men. "I love the Arctic Monkeys," Jack White told MTV.co.uk. "Who doesn't? I'd love to see them live, but haven't got round to it yet. I never get to see bands because I'm never in the same town for more than two seconds."When asked, he joked that he'd like to "work" with the band. "We'll start with the gardening and move on to the housework," he said.

Gawd, I love this guy.

He's totally off his rocker-weird. He usually looks like a vampire or a villain from a silent movie. But he has provided me with some of the most pleasurable musical experiences of my life. First time I saw him was at First Ave. and we were right up close and saw how tight his pants were. I saw him strangle the fuck outta his guitar, pulling out these sounds that were unlike anything I had ever seen up close--with the exception of Neil Young, of course. Jack comes off like the lovechild of Page and Plant--but still very much his own man. I've seen the White Stripes twice since then, and it really turned me on both times. Got me fired up. He is a showman, a shaman.

Thank lawd he's on our bandwagon. It's meant to be.

No comments: