Tuesday, March 07, 2006

the "new look"


This is from a publicity shoot--Marilyn trying out her new, more professional, "take me seriously" look. I think she looks so rock and roll here, it kills me. (the leather gloves? holy, holy)

also...

I just watched "Trainspotting" again. For the billionth time. I know....all....the...words.... jesus christ. What an impact that movie had on me. I saw it the same summer I went to California (by myself) to visit my Aunt Martha, (the IRA-supporting one). I was fourteen. That is also the summer I first saw Beck--at First Ave.

Life changing summer. I had really fucking long hair then. I was obsessed with "The Catcher in the Rye," the Verve, Bjork, Rancid, Beck and the Beatles. I wore Army jackets and sunglasses as much as possible. I wished it was 1968. Desperately.

PS I knew you would respond, Phil. Thank you. Yer great...!

No comments: