Ludicrous. Silly. Blasphemous!
BUT, still so fun to see...And you know Noel and Liam will be howlin' about it. It also proves my undeniable Anglophilia and how much the British music journalism machine preaches to me and my loves. (with the exception of the fucking Strokes and overrated-like-no-other-band-in-recent-history, Radiohead. OK Computer always tops these lists and I'm so sick of it. [rolls eyes]
One question, Brits: Where's the Verve? C'mon!!!
Best album of all time revealed
NME.COM poll has some surprising results
Oasis debut 'Definitely Maybe' has been voted the best album of all time in an NME.COM poll.The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums teamed up with NME.COM to celebrate 50 years of the Official UK Album Chart.Not only have Oasis secured the top spot, but their 1995 album '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?' is at Number Five.The Manchester lads' heroes, The Beatles, were at second and third place in the poll with 'Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' and 'Revolver'. Radiohead also scored two albums in the top ten, with 'OK Computer' at Number Four and 'The Bends' at Number Ten.Editor of The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums, David Roberts, said the poll shows that great albums will always last. He said: "Usually these polls are full of records that people have only just bought because they are freshest in the mind. Only two albums in the Top 20 were released in the last five years, so the voters have clearly thought long and hard about their decision."
The most recent album to feature in the Top 20 is The Libertines' debut, 'Up The Bracket', at Number 15.
The full Top 20 is as follows:
1. 'Definitely Maybe' - Oasis
2. 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' - The Beatles
3. 'Revolver' - The Beatles
4. 'OK Computer' - Radiohead
5. '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?' - Oasis
6. 'Nevermind' - Nirvana
7. 'The Stone Roses' - The Stone Roses
8. 'Dark Side Of The Moon' - Pink Floyd
9. 'The Queen Is Dead' - The Smiths
10. 'The Bends' - Radiohead
11. 'The Joshua Tree' - U2
12. 'London Calling' - The Clash
13. 'The Beatles (The White Album)' - The Beatles
14. 'Abbey Road' - The Beatles
15. 'Up The Bracket' - The Libertines
16. 'Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols' - Sex Pistols
17. 'Four Symbols (Led Zeppelin IV)' - Led Zeppelin
18. 'The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars' - David Bowie
19. 'A Night At The Opera' - Queen
20. 'Is This It' - The Strokes