Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Grinning like a fool through the skyways



Target has "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not." This is shocking to me. It shouldn't be.

I bought it on my lunch break, ripped the plastic off with my teeth and almost ran into people several times as I had my nose in the liner.

No lyrics in the liner, but loads of pictures--an image for each song. My fave: the pretty girl, standing on the bus, in the green uniform smock (complete with the plastic badge that says "trainee") for "I Bet That You Look Good On the Dancefloor." The daydream fantasy on the bus--a Kiss Me On The Bus for the Brits.

The best bit that had me grin like an idiot: the CD itself is an ashtray. It's perfectly covered with cig (fags, of course) butts. It's what it should be--after the kind of weekend that these songs promote, that's what it's going to look like in yer flat, mate.

Hell, these lads could even get *me,* Miss Anti-Smoker Nazi to dabble. I'm just sayin'....

PS I don't really mean that, and huge CONGRATS to Cynthia (cig-free for 1 year!) and Paul, getting there--big time. Right on.

No comments: