Saturday, February 11, 2006

Wait till you get a load of this

I am continually amazed.

If you can watch and listen to videos on your computer, please check this one for "When The Sun Goes Down" (The Lads have more up their sleeves then you might think)

And! more incredible...Morning Becomes Eclectic, the LA radio (KCRW) show has a fucking 38 minute live studio session (and interview) with the band. I finally heard all the songs off the album that I hadn't heard yet. A big find, that. (I dig how they wear polo-type shirts and the drummer's got a Jamaica jersey on. And their guitars all are shiny and new looking. And Alex wears his real high up on his chest like George Harrison. Yeah. I like that.) When Turner talks he mumbles in that Sheffield slur, shy-like. They all seem like these sweet, friendly, polite and modest young men that are the calm in the center of the storm that is swirling around them.

Oh, and while you're at it (if you're just loving this "technology thing" like me) find the video for Shakira's "La Tortura" and get back to me...

Um, and, yeah...I know. I know this is basically a fansite now. Like I said, I can't help it. But, to avoid totally alienation for those of you who just don't dig or just don't care...I promise I'll get over it...someday. And I will actually like other music. And I will write about other things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The intro to the When the Sun Goes Down video is NSFW.

Unless your boss doesn't mind the phrase "fucking twat."

Awesome though. Right.