Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Lolla land

Well, it's official: I was rocking an ear infection at Lollapalooza.

Does that make me hardcore?

I damn well hope it does...

I went to the blessed MinuteClinic in fucking Eden Prairie Center tonight (they were the closest one that was open), my b-day night, thanks to my wonderful father. The kindly, sympathetic PA at the Clinic gave me a sucker with a smiley face on it...cuz it was my birthday and I have and ear infection....I feel like I'm 5 years old again.

Oh well. Boo hoo, boo hoo, right? Fuck it. I STILL had a blast at Lolla and I plan on writing all about it once I feel more up to it. (I took nerdy, necessary notes).

The highlights:

MANU CHAO is...an alien...or something. An joyful alien from planet Politico Punk Reggae...er...something...
Sleater-Kinney rocked my fucking face off, just like Paul always said they would. Of course I finally get it *now*, when they're breaking up. Nice.
Gnarls Barkley...Gospel, rock, performance art (!?) soul-revue: yes. so much more to say....what a marvelous experience.
Matisyahu... what a talent!! so very religious, but so very inspiring to even me. great songs, blistering guitar, seeing him in his...garb...jumping about and beat-boxing felt like a once-in-a-lifetime kinda thing.

same goes for:
The Blisters! Ryan Adams!?!?!
and MORE......to come.....promise........

No comments: