Tuesday, October 31, 2006

"I don't have to sell my soul...."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I finally grew up and bought a real alarm clock (I realized that I had never bought a new one for myself. Ever.) And this is a fancy one! With a CD player, an outlet for my iPod (!?) and radio, claro.

So, this morning I awoke to the slow, sexy, ominous intro/build-up of “I Wanna Be Adored,” the first track off the Stone Roses’ debut. Damn, that is the fucking *way* to wake up! I have been in a spectacular mood all day and I think it has everything to do with waking up to Brit Pop.

Well, that and the last thing I witnessed last night: Beck and BORAT! on Letterman!? Did anyone else see this? Luckily, I have a phenomenal boyfriend who let me in on this last night and now that I actually have tee vee, I could put that shit on! We were kinda like middle schoolers, cuz we both watched it while we remained on the phone with each other. Awww. hehe. And, due to the fact that channel 4 comes in the shittiest and snowiest on my TV, I only knew Mr. Sacha Baron Cohen was shaking his ass next to Beck, because Fitzy exclaimed “Borat!” when he saw it on his finely-tuned cable-receiving television. Mr. Cohen is sure pro-mo-ing the hell outta his movie. I sure hope America “gets it”….y’know….the fact that he (a religious Jew, who wrote his thesis on Civil Rights) is actually lampooning (and showing disgust for)ignorance, racism and misogyny and not endorsing it.

No comments: